Social Work & Counseling & Psychology

Social Work & Counseling & Psychology - Career Paths & Degree Types

Is there a nobler calling than helping people get through the most challenging times in their lives? That’s what social workers, counselors, and psychologists are frequently called on to do: to help those struggling with problems beyond their abilities to manage alone. It may be an emotional or health problem, a financial challenge, or an inability to procure necessary government or social services. Regardless, there’s a social worker, a counselor, or a psychologist trained to help navigate the trouble. You’ll need a master’s degree to provide clinical services to these clients; for many other roles, a bachelor’s degree will suffice. Not sure where to start? Noodle’s library of content offers the answers to many popular questions and maybe even a few you didn’t even know you had.